Russia sends humanitarian aid to Syria
Moscow: Russia Saturday sent 25 metric tonnes of humanitarian aid to Syria.
A Russian Emergencies and Civil Defence Ministry plane Saturday delivered the aid, mainly medicines, said the ministry.
In September, Russia had sent some 80 metric tonnes of humanitarian aid to Syria, including canned food, sugar, baby food, blankets and tents.
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to various Syrian opposition groups. The UN puts the toll at over 18,000 people. The Syrian authorities, however, put the toll at 8,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir