Russia sends humanitarian aid to Syria
Moscow: Russia Saturday sent 25 metric tonnes of humanitarian aid to Syria.
A Russian Emergencies and Civil Defence Ministry plane Saturday delivered the aid, mainly medicines, said the ministry.
In September, Russia had sent some 80 metric tonnes of humanitarian aid to Syria, including canned food, sugar, baby food, blankets and tents.
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to various Syrian opposition groups. The UN puts the toll at over 18,000 people. The Syrian authorities, however, put the toll at 8,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP