Russia sends humanitarian aid to Syria
Moscow: Russia Saturday sent 25 metric tonnes of humanitarian aid to Syria.
A Russian Emergencies and Civil Defence Ministry plane Saturday delivered the aid, mainly medicines, said the ministry.
In September, Russia had sent some 80 metric tonnes of humanitarian aid to Syria, including canned food, sugar, baby food, blankets and tents.
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to various Syrian opposition groups. The UN puts the toll at over 18,000 people. The Syrian authorities, however, put the toll at 8,000.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict