Russia sends intelligence ship to Syria coast: Report
Moscow: Russia has sent a reconnaissance vessel from its Black Sea fleet to the coast off Syria, as Moscow anxiously watches Western plans for military action against the Damascus regime, a report said Monday.
The SSV-201 intelligence ship Priazovye started its voyage yesterday evening "to the appointed region of military service in the eastern Mediterranean," a military source told the Interfax news agency.
"The crew have the mission... Of collecting operative information in the region of an escalating conflict," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test