Russia `shoots down Ukraine jet` day after sanctions
Zee Media Bureau
Kiev: In what could further aggravate the crisis, Ukraine accused Russia of downing one of its military jets on Thursday.
National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine wrote on Twitter that an aircraft belonging to the Russia`s Armed Forces fired a rocket at Ukrainian military jet Su-25.
National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
— NSDC of Ukraine (@NSDC_ua) July 17, 2014
The reported attack on Ukrainian military jet comes a day after the EU and the US bolstered sanctions on Russia over Ukraine.
Miffed with the harsh American sanctions, Russian President Vladimir Putin had said that the measures would make the Russia-US ties hit a dead-end.
Also, a statement by Russian Foreign Ministry expressed Moscow`s outburst saying that Russia will retaliate and not tolerate the American `blackmail`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre