Russia `shoots down Ukraine jet` day after sanctions
Zee Media Bureau
Kiev: In what could further aggravate the crisis, Ukraine accused Russia of downing one of its military jets on Thursday.
National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine wrote on Twitter that an aircraft belonging to the Russia`s Armed Forces fired a rocket at Ukrainian military jet Su-25.
National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine
— NSDC of Ukraine (@NSDC_ua) July 17, 2014
The reported attack on Ukrainian military jet comes a day after the EU and the US bolstered sanctions on Russia over Ukraine.
Miffed with the harsh American sanctions, Russian President Vladimir Putin had said that the measures would make the Russia-US ties hit a dead-end.
Also, a statement by Russian Foreign Ministry expressed Moscow`s outburst saying that Russia will retaliate and not tolerate the American `blackmail`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31