Russia should solve poverty problem by 2020: Putin
Moscow: Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has stated that Russia
should solve its poverty problem by 2020.
The country will hold Presidential Elections on March 04, 2012. Putin, who held the presidential post in 2000-2008, is generally considered a shoo-in for a new presidential term this year.
"Ten to eleven percent of our nationals are still beyond the poverty line due to various reasons. We must solve this problem by the end of the decade, overcoming poverty which is unacceptable for a developed country," Putin stated in an article on his election website.
"For that, we should use both state resources and efforts of society, of its interested and active part," Putin said in the article.
The Premier said the social assistance system should be improved in Russia and added that people with disabilities should be treated as equals.
"Society will be successful when its citizens do not doubt that is it just," he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to get intimate in ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ – Here’s how
- Oomph factor! Priyanka Chopra looks smoking hot in THESE magazine covers
- Missing Batla House encounter suspects Sajid, Rashid appear in ISIS video on Indian 'Jihadists'
- 'BJP will get clear majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections; SP, BSP will give fight in some seats'
- BCCI contemplating over holding mini-IPL in September: Report