Russia should solve poverty problem by 2020: Putin
Moscow: Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has stated that Russia
should solve its poverty problem by 2020.
The country will hold Presidential Elections on March 04, 2012. Putin, who held the presidential post in 2000-2008, is generally considered a shoo-in for a new presidential term this year.
"Ten to eleven percent of our nationals are still beyond the poverty line due to various reasons. We must solve this problem by the end of the decade, overcoming poverty which is unacceptable for a developed country," Putin stated in an article on his election website.
"For that, we should use both state resources and efforts of society, of its interested and active part," Putin said in the article.
The Premier said the social assistance system should be improved in Russia and added that people with disabilities should be treated as equals.
"Society will be successful when its citizens do not doubt that is it just," he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage