Russia successfully test fires long-range missile: Ministry
Moscow: Russia on Friday successfully
test-fired the nuclear-capable Bulava intercontinental
missile, the defence ministry said.
The launch is the second successful firing this month
after a string of embarrassing failures brought the programme
to a halt for 10 months.
"The parameters of the trajectory worked out as
planned and the warheads successfully landed at the Kura
firing area," a defense ministry spokesman said in a statement
quoted by Russian news agencies.
The missile was fired early morning from Dmitry
Donskoy submarine in the White Sea, in northwestern Russia,
and hit the Kura firing area on the Kamchatka peninsula on the
Pacific Ocean, 6,000 kilometres away.
The launch confirmed that Bulava`s many failures were
most likely caused by "assembly technology," said a source in
the commission, established to analyse the missile`s
production process and pinpoint what was causing it to fail.
Another launch, the 15th in all, is scheduled before
the end of the year, the source said, Interfax reported.
The Bulava, which can be equipped with up to 10
individually targeted nuclear warheads, has a maximum range of
The missile is designed for use with Russia`s new
Borei class of nuclear submarines like the Yury Dolgoruky and
Alexander Nevsky. Analysts have said the vessels risk being
worthless unless the Bulava works.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing