Russia successfully tests intercontinental ballistic missile
Moscow: Russia has successfully test fired a new intercontinental ballistic missile which will be used by the country`s elite forces to get through anti-missile systems, an official said.
According to Colonel Vadim Koval, spokesman for the Russian strategic missile forces, the prototype of a new missile with a mobile launcher was launched at 22:28 Moscow time from the Kapustin Yar testing ground in the Astrakhan region.
"The missile`s model warhead hit the hypothetical target at the Sary-Shagan testing pad in Kazakhstan", Koval told Inter-Tass yesterday.
The key task of the test launch was to verify correctness of technological solutions used in the new missile. Apart from that, the launch confirmed its operability and specified technical characteristics of its systems and units. Moreover, elements of missile warheads were tested.
"The missile is being created based on maximum use of new technological solutions of the fifth-generation missile systems," Koval noted. "These solutions considerably reduce production time and cost."
The new missile will be used by Russian strategic missile forces to get through anti-missile systems.
According to Koval, the Kapustin Yar missile testing site has unique facilities to test elements of missile warheads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next