Russia supplies Mi-17V5 helicopters to Afghanistan
Moscow: Russia has supplied the first
nine Mi-17V5, transport helicopters to war-torn Afghanistan.
The process of handover of the helicopters to Afghan
national security forces is under way. Russian specialists are
currently in Afghanistan in this connection.
The manufacture of the other 12 helicopters is being
continued at Kazan helicopter-making plant.
The air vehicles will be delivered to Afghanistan next
year, a representative of the defence industry sector which
participates in the filling of the contract has told
The value of the Russian-US contract for the delivery of
Mi-17V5 helicopters is $375.05 million.
The contract was signed by the Rosoboronexport
organization with the Command of the US Land Forces on May 26,
The helicopters are supplied for the purposes of
enlarging the Afghan national security forces` already
available and operational fleet of Russian-made Mi-17
Along with the supply of helicopters, the contract also
envisions the deliveries of spare parts, ground service
facilities, detachable armament, as well as the rendering of
An order for Russian-buildup helicopters for Afghanistan
- but with the introduction of a number of instruments, made
by the American Honeywell Company, to the cockpit equipment -was placed by US Land Forces.
It has become known to Arms-Tass that the American side
is satisfied with the progress in the filling of the contract
and is conducting negotiations with Rosoboronexport for
acquisition of another 18 helicopters Mi-17V5 in addition to
the already ordered 21 ones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video