Russia supports Iran`s peaceful N-programme: Putin
Beijing: Russia supports Iran`s right to peaceful use of nuclear energy and is in constant contact with Tehran on nuclear issues, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday.
"We have always supported the Iranian people`s right to modern technology, including the peaceful use of atomic energy," Putin told his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Beijing.
Russia is aware of Tehran`s position, "which is that Iran is not working on the development of nuclear weapons", Putin said. "That is our assumption."
Western nations and Israel are seeking to persuade Iran to give up its uranium enrichment programme, which they suspect is aimed at producing nuclear weapons.
Iran says its nuclear programme is merely designed to generate energy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed