Russia suspends Syria action group meet
New York: A Russian-sponsored initiative for a meeting of the Action Group on Syria at the UN headquarters in New York has been suspended indefinitely, the Russian delegation at the New York headquarters said on Friday.
"The planned Action Group meeting on Syria today has been suspended at the request of some members of the group," the Russian delegation said in a statement.
The delegation said the meeting should be devoted to the agreement reached at the June 30 ministerial meeting in Geneva.
The Action Group includes representatives of five permanent member nations of the UN Security Council and some neighbouring nations of Syria.
The first meeting of the group`s foreign ministers in Geneva agreed for the necessity to form a transitional government in Syria with the participation of all sides in the ongoing conflict there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan