Russia, Syria halt air strikes on Aleppo: Russian Defence Minister
Moscow: The Russian and Syrian air forces have stopped bombing Aleppo as of 0700 GMT on Tuesday, Russia`s Defence Minister said, in a move meant to ensure an eight-hour truce on October 20.
"Strikes in the Aleppo region by the Russian and Syrian air forces are stopping today starting at 10:00 am (local time)," Sergei Shoigu said in a televised briefing, adding this would allow civilians to evacuate from the ravaged city during a short ceasefire on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family