Russia test fires new ballistic missile
Moscow: Russia test-fired a new prototype ballistic missile from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome Wednesday, Defence Ministry spokesman Vadim Koval said, but did not name the new weapon.
"The training round landed in the western region of the Kamchatka peninsula, hitting its target," he said.
The launch took place at 10.15 a.m. from a mobile launcher, he said.
"The new intercontinental ballistic missile is intended to strengthen the capabilities of Russia`s Strategic Missile Forces, including its capabilities for overcoming anti-missile defences," he said.
"The missile was built with maximum use of existing components with new elements and technologies developed during the production of fifth-generation missile systems, in order to shorten its development time," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory