Russia test-fires new ballistic missile
Moscow: Russia carried out a successful test-launch of an RS-24 Yars intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) Tuesday, a military official said.
The Russian Strategic Missile Forces unit conducted the test from the Plesetsk space centre, Xinhua quoted the forces` spokesman Igor Yegorov as saying.
The spokesman said the RS-24 Yars was equipped with a multiple warhead and the missile successfully hit the target.
This ICBM will form the core of Russian strategic ground-based missile forces, the official said.
There would be 15 more ICBMs put into service by the end of this year, the Russian Strategic Missile Forces unit announced last week.
Russia possesses about 400 ICBM launchers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP