Russia test-fires new ballistic missile
Moscow: Russia carried out a successful test-launch of an RS-24 Yars intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) Tuesday, a military official said.
The Russian Strategic Missile Forces unit conducted the test from the Plesetsk space centre, Xinhua quoted the forces` spokesman Igor Yegorov as saying.
The spokesman said the RS-24 Yars was equipped with a multiple warhead and the missile successfully hit the target.
This ICBM will form the core of Russian strategic ground-based missile forces, the official said.
There would be 15 more ICBMs put into service by the end of this year, the Russian Strategic Missile Forces unit announced last week.
Russia possesses about 400 ICBM launchers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE