Russia test launches land, submarine-based ICBMs
Moscow: Russia on Thursday successfully launched
two inter-continental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) from land and
naval platforms in order to test the operational capability of
The RS-12M Topol missile was launched from the Plesetsk
space centre in northern Russia and hit its designated target
on the Kura test range in Russia`s Far East Kamchatka region,
Space Forces spokesman Lt Col Alexei Zolotukhin told
The tested missile was in active service from 1987 to
2007 with the 54th Strategic Missile Division near the town
of Teikovo in Ivanovo region, about 240 km northeast of
Today`s test launch has allowed Russia to extend the
service life of Topol missiles to 23 years from initial 10
The Defence Ministry said today that the Russian naval
submarine "Bryansk" also test launched the regular `Sineva`
ballistic missile from the submerged position in the Barents
It noted that the dummy warheads precisely hit the
designated targets at Kura range in Kamchatka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM