Russia: Three crew killed in Navy plane crash
Moscow: Russia`s Defense Ministry says that one of its planes has crashed near its Black Sea base in Ukraine, killing three of its four crewmen.
The ministry said the Navy`s Beriyev Be-12 twin-engine turboprop crashed today near its base on Ukraine`s Crimean Peninsula. The only crew member who survived the crash was hospitalized in serious condition.
Russia`s RIA Novosti news agency said the crash occurred after one of the plane`s engines failed as it was preparing to land. It said the aircraft had been in service for more than 30 years.
The military has suspended the flights of all planes of that type pending a crash investigation.
The Be-12 is an amphibian plane that has been in service with the Soviet and then Russian Navy since the early 1960s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?