Russia: Three dead in military chopper crash
Rostov-on-Don: A Russian military helicopter crashed into a mountain in the republic of Dagestan, killing all three crewmen aboard.
Interior Ministry spokesman Oleg Zvyagintsev said the crash occurred today near the village of Botlikh and that witnesses said the Mi-35 helicopter appeared to have become disoriented in foggy conditions.
Dagestan has a heavy military and police presence because of a persistent Islamic insurgency. There were no immediate indications that the helicopter had been attacked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen