Russia: Three dead in military chopper crash
Rostov-on-Don: A Russian military helicopter crashed into a mountain in the republic of Dagestan, killing all three crewmen aboard.
Interior Ministry spokesman Oleg Zvyagintsev said the crash occurred today near the village of Botlikh and that witnesses said the Mi-35 helicopter appeared to have become disoriented in foggy conditions.
Dagestan has a heavy military and police presence because of a persistent Islamic insurgency. There were no immediate indications that the helicopter had been attacked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145