Russia to boost Navy over US missile plans
Moscow: Russia`s Navy will strengthen its Baltic fleet in response to US plans to deploy Patriot missiles in Poland, Russia`s state RIA news agency reported on Thursday, citing an unnamed senior Navy official.
"The surface, underwater and aviation elements of the Baltic Fleet will be strengthened," RIA quoted the unidentified Russian navy official as saying.
A spokesman for the Russian Navy declined to comment.
Poland and the United States signed a deal in November that paves the way for the deployment of a US Patriot missile battery on the territory of NATO member Poland.
Poland, perturbed what it says is Russia`s more assertive foreign policy, has long complained that it hosts no US troops or major military installations despite sending troops to help in US-led missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read