Russia to boost Navy over US missile plans
Moscow: Russia`s Navy will strengthen its Baltic fleet in response to US plans to deploy Patriot missiles in Poland, Russia`s state RIA news agency reported on Thursday, citing an unnamed senior Navy official.
"The surface, underwater and aviation elements of the Baltic Fleet will be strengthened," RIA quoted the unidentified Russian navy official as saying.
A spokesman for the Russian Navy declined to comment.
Poland and the United States signed a deal in November that paves the way for the deployment of a US Patriot missile battery on the territory of NATO member Poland.
Poland, perturbed what it says is Russia`s more assertive foreign policy, has long complained that it hosts no US troops or major military installations despite sending troops to help in US-led missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`