Russia to build fifth-generation bombers
Moscow: Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on Saturday reiterated plans to develop a fifth-generation strategic bomber aircraft.
"Alongside a fifth-generation fighter, there are also plans to develop an advanced long-range aviation complex. I am talking about a new strategic bomber," he said.
Maintenance and modernization of the existing strategic bombers is not enough, he added.
His remarks come days after a senior cabinet member questioned the need for a new bomber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!