Russia to build intercontinental missile by 2018
Moscow: Russia will build a new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) by 2018, a senior military official has revealed.
"Construction of the missile is ongoing," Strategic Missile Forces commander Col. Gen. Sergei Karakayev said, adding that it is to be completed by 2018.
The new missile is to replace the R-36M2 Voyevoda (NATO reporting name SS-18 Satan) missile. So far all of Russia`s recent ICBM projects, both sea-launched (Bulava) and ground-based (Topol-M, Yars), have been solid fuel.
Karakayev said the new ICBM will have a launch mass of around 100 tonnes with a better payload-launch weight ratio than in a solid fuel missile.
The Russian Defence Ministry has already stated that unless the USs abandons its plans to create a missile defence system in Europe, Russia will take counter measures, including the building of a new heavy liquid-propellant missile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested