Russia to build intercontinental missile by 2018
Moscow: Russia will build a new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) by 2018, a senior military official has revealed.
"Construction of the missile is ongoing," Strategic Missile Forces commander Col. Gen. Sergei Karakayev said, adding that it is to be completed by 2018.
The new missile is to replace the R-36M2 Voyevoda (NATO reporting name SS-18 Satan) missile. So far all of Russia`s recent ICBM projects, both sea-launched (Bulava) and ground-based (Topol-M, Yars), have been solid fuel.
Karakayev said the new ICBM will have a launch mass of around 100 tonnes with a better payload-launch weight ratio than in a solid fuel missile.
The Russian Defence Ministry has already stated that unless the USs abandons its plans to create a missile defence system in Europe, Russia will take counter measures, including the building of a new heavy liquid-propellant missile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'