Russia to colour-code terror after airport bombing
Moscow: Russia`s Parliament is expected to pass a law creating colour-coded terror threat alerts, a measure being speeded up in the wake of the fatal bombing of a Moscow airport.
The proposed law would institute a system similar to the one used in the United States since 2001, but that Washington announced would be abandoned by the end of April.
The measure was on the State Duma`s agenda for February, but the vote was pushed forward to Friday after 35 people were killed this week in the bombing of Domodedovo Airport.
No claim of responsibility for the bombing has been made and officials have not publicly identified any suspects. Media reports say investigators are focusing on insurgents from Russia`s restive Caucasus region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him