Russia to commence flight tests of FGFA
Moscow: Russia will soon flight-test the
fifth generation fighter aircraft (FGFA), which is developed
along with India, a senior cabinet member said here today.
"In the end of December-beginning of January, we are not
making any New Year presents, but flight tests will start
shortly," Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov said.
Under an agreement signed in October 2007, India has also
joined Russia in the project based on Sukhoi`s PAK FA project
and the two nations are in negotiations to finalise the
commercial contract for the deal.
At least three prototypes of FGFA have been made by the
KNAAPO aircraft plant in Komsomolsk-on-Amur and several Indian
teams have visited the facility in the country`s Far East near
the Chinese border, sources told.
The FGFA is to compete with the US F-22 Raptor and F-35
Lightning II and the Russian Air Force plans to induct the
futuristic fighter from 2015.
According to the local media the FGFA is to be equipped
with the `artificial intellect`, advanced avionics and stealth
With several mid-air refuellings it could cruise for
hours at the supersonic speed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?