Russia to enhance Olympic security after attacks
Sochi: The Russian Cabinet member responsible for preparations for the 2014 Sochi Games says security will be enhanced for the Olympics in the wake of multiple suicide bombings.
Dozens have died in a wave of terrorist attacks targeting the Moscow subway system and police in the country`s restive southern provinces.
Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak on Thursday sought to reassure visiting International Olympic Committee officials that they are considering "a comprehensive plan of action ensuring strengthened public protection measures" for the games.
Kozak said security would not be significantly higher than for February`s Winter Games in Vancouver or the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing. He refused to elaborate on security plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof