Russia to enhance Olympic security after attacks
Sochi: The Russian Cabinet member responsible for preparations for the 2014 Sochi Games says security will be enhanced for the Olympics in the wake of multiple suicide bombings.
Dozens have died in a wave of terrorist attacks targeting the Moscow subway system and police in the country`s restive southern provinces.
Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak on Thursday sought to reassure visiting International Olympic Committee officials that they are considering "a comprehensive plan of action ensuring strengthened public protection measures" for the games.
Kozak said security would not be significantly higher than for February`s Winter Games in Vancouver or the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing. He refused to elaborate on security plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch