Russia to expel US diplomat for being ‘CIA agent’
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Russia said on Tuesday that it would expel a US diplomat for allegedly trying to recruit a Russian intelligence officer as a spy. As per an international news channel the spy was briefly detained in Moscow.
The diplomat is said to be named as CIA agent Ryan Fogle. He was held overnight by Russia`s Federal Security Service and then released to US officials. Also the US ambassador to Moscow, Michael McFaul, had been summoned by Russian authorities.
Fogle is said to have worked as third political secretary at the US embassy in Moscow. He is alleged to have been arrested with cash, technical devices and instructions which he had written for the Russian agent he was reportedly trying to recruit.
Meanwhile, the US embassy has not issued any statement so far on the matter.
The last spy row between United States and Russia involved Anna Chapman and 10 other Russian spies who were arrested in America in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!