Russia to expel US diplomat for being ‘CIA agent’
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Russia said on Tuesday that it would expel a US diplomat for allegedly trying to recruit a Russian intelligence officer as a spy. As per an international news channel the spy was briefly detained in Moscow.
The diplomat is said to be named as CIA agent Ryan Fogle. He was held overnight by Russia`s Federal Security Service and then released to US officials. Also the US ambassador to Moscow, Michael McFaul, had been summoned by Russian authorities.
Fogle is said to have worked as third political secretary at the US embassy in Moscow. He is alleged to have been arrested with cash, technical devices and instructions which he had written for the Russian agent he was reportedly trying to recruit.
Meanwhile, the US embassy has not issued any statement so far on the matter.
The last spy row between United States and Russia involved Anna Chapman and 10 other Russian spies who were arrested in America in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok