Russia to expel US diplomat for being ‘CIA agent’
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Russia said on Tuesday that it would expel a US diplomat for allegedly trying to recruit a Russian intelligence officer as a spy. As per an international news channel the spy was briefly detained in Moscow.
The diplomat is said to be named as CIA agent Ryan Fogle. He was held overnight by Russia`s Federal Security Service and then released to US officials. Also the US ambassador to Moscow, Michael McFaul, had been summoned by Russian authorities.
Fogle is said to have worked as third political secretary at the US embassy in Moscow. He is alleged to have been arrested with cash, technical devices and instructions which he had written for the Russian agent he was reportedly trying to recruit.
Meanwhile, the US embassy has not issued any statement so far on the matter.
The last spy row between United States and Russia involved Anna Chapman and 10 other Russian spies who were arrested in America in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users