Russia to get 10 new Su-34 planes in 2012
Novosibirsk: The Russian Defence Ministry will get 10 new Su-34 planes in 2012, United Aircraft
Corporation President Mikhail Pogosyan said.
"The Defence Ministry will get 10 Su-34 planes in 2012,"
he said, recalling that six frontline bombers had been
supplied to the Defence Ministry last year.
Serial production of Su-34 planes has been organised at
the Chkalov Research and Production Association, which is part
of UAC. The Russian Air Force currently has 12 Su-34 planes.
The aircraft are delivered under the contract signed in
2008 for the supply of 32 such planes. In the future, Su-34
planes will replace almost all of Su-24 bombers now in use.
The Su-34 is a 4+ generation plane. It is provided with
an active security system and new onboard computers to allow
for precise bombing and manoeuvring. Aerodynamic qualities,
big fuel tanks, highly economical double-flow engines with a
digital control system, the air refueling system and extra
fuel tanks allow the plane to fly long distances close to
those covered by medium strategic bombers.
The Su-34 is equipped with an electro-optical fire
control system supplied by the Urals Optical and Mechanical
Plant (YOM3) and a Geofizika FLIR (forward-looking infrared)
pod. Leninetz of St Petersburg supplies the passive phased
array radar system and TsNIRTI the electronic countermeasures
The planes are armed with highly effective long-range
air-to-surface and air-to-air weapons, intelligent radar
countermeasure and defence systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley