Russia to get 10 new Su-34 planes in 2012
Novosibirsk: The Russian Defence Ministry will get 10 new Su-34 planes in 2012, United Aircraft
Corporation President Mikhail Pogosyan said.
"The Defence Ministry will get 10 Su-34 planes in 2012,"
he said, recalling that six frontline bombers had been
supplied to the Defence Ministry last year.
Serial production of Su-34 planes has been organised at
the Chkalov Research and Production Association, which is part
of UAC. The Russian Air Force currently has 12 Su-34 planes.
The aircraft are delivered under the contract signed in
2008 for the supply of 32 such planes. In the future, Su-34
planes will replace almost all of Su-24 bombers now in use.
The Su-34 is a 4+ generation plane. It is provided with
an active security system and new onboard computers to allow
for precise bombing and manoeuvring. Aerodynamic qualities,
big fuel tanks, highly economical double-flow engines with a
digital control system, the air refueling system and extra
fuel tanks allow the plane to fly long distances close to
those covered by medium strategic bombers.
The Su-34 is equipped with an electro-optical fire
control system supplied by the Urals Optical and Mechanical
Plant (YOM3) and a Geofizika FLIR (forward-looking infrared)
pod. Leninetz of St Petersburg supplies the passive phased
array radar system and TsNIRTI the electronic countermeasures
The planes are armed with highly effective long-range
air-to-surface and air-to-air weapons, intelligent radar
countermeasure and defence systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire