Russia to get 10 new Su-34 planes in 2012
Novosibirsk: The Russian Defence Ministry will get 10 new Su-34 planes in 2012, United Aircraft
Corporation President Mikhail Pogosyan said.
"The Defence Ministry will get 10 Su-34 planes in 2012,"
he said, recalling that six frontline bombers had been
supplied to the Defence Ministry last year.
Serial production of Su-34 planes has been organised at
the Chkalov Research and Production Association, which is part
of UAC. The Russian Air Force currently has 12 Su-34 planes.
The aircraft are delivered under the contract signed in
2008 for the supply of 32 such planes. In the future, Su-34
planes will replace almost all of Su-24 bombers now in use.
The Su-34 is a 4+ generation plane. It is provided with
an active security system and new onboard computers to allow
for precise bombing and manoeuvring. Aerodynamic qualities,
big fuel tanks, highly economical double-flow engines with a
digital control system, the air refueling system and extra
fuel tanks allow the plane to fly long distances close to
those covered by medium strategic bombers.
The Su-34 is equipped with an electro-optical fire
control system supplied by the Urals Optical and Mechanical
Plant (YOM3) and a Geofizika FLIR (forward-looking infrared)
pod. Leninetz of St Petersburg supplies the passive phased
array radar system and TsNIRTI the electronic countermeasures
The planes are armed with highly effective long-range
air-to-surface and air-to-air weapons, intelligent radar
countermeasure and defence systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!