Russia to give $8 mn aid to Kyrgyzstan shortly
Bishkek: Russia will give USD eight million worth of aid to Kyrgyzstan shortly, Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Kyrgyzstan Valentin Vlasov said.
He said USD five million yesterday would be allocated by the United Nations for the implementation of a number of purpose-oriented programmes in the Republic. Specifically, for the purchase of 16,000 tonnes of food for the Republic`s population.
"Cooperation between Russia and the UN is assuming a large-scale character. We are now moving on to a new phase in the process of giving humanitarian aid," Vlasov said.
He emphasized that the amount of aid given to the Kyrgyz side this year might total USD 25 million. The amount includes humanitarian aid rendered through various UN programmes, and the provision of about 1,500 tonnes of seeds of elite varieties of crops and 20,000 tonnes of lubricants by the Russian Federation free of charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days