Russia to give $8 mn aid to Kyrgyzstan shortly
Bishkek: Russia will give USD eight million worth of aid to Kyrgyzstan shortly, Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Kyrgyzstan Valentin Vlasov said.
He said USD five million yesterday would be allocated by the United Nations for the implementation of a number of purpose-oriented programmes in the Republic. Specifically, for the purchase of 16,000 tonnes of food for the Republic`s population.
"Cooperation between Russia and the UN is assuming a large-scale character. We are now moving on to a new phase in the process of giving humanitarian aid," Vlasov said.
He emphasized that the amount of aid given to the Kyrgyz side this year might total USD 25 million. The amount includes humanitarian aid rendered through various UN programmes, and the provision of about 1,500 tonnes of seeds of elite varieties of crops and 20,000 tonnes of lubricants by the Russian Federation free of charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi