Russia to give $8 mn aid to Kyrgyzstan shortly
Bishkek: Russia will give USD eight million worth of aid to Kyrgyzstan shortly, Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Kyrgyzstan Valentin Vlasov said.
He said USD five million yesterday would be allocated by the United Nations for the implementation of a number of purpose-oriented programmes in the Republic. Specifically, for the purchase of 16,000 tonnes of food for the Republic`s population.
"Cooperation between Russia and the UN is assuming a large-scale character. We are now moving on to a new phase in the process of giving humanitarian aid," Vlasov said.
He emphasized that the amount of aid given to the Kyrgyz side this year might total USD 25 million. The amount includes humanitarian aid rendered through various UN programmes, and the provision of about 1,500 tonnes of seeds of elite varieties of crops and 20,000 tonnes of lubricants by the Russian Federation free of charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant