Russia to help exhume Arafat`s remains
Gaza: Russian experts will be part of an international group tasked with exhuming the body of the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, alleged to have been poisoned by polonium, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Sunday.
"In cooperation with Swiss and Russian experts and French investigators, we are working on finding new facts that reveals the reasons behind the death of Arafat," Abbas said in a speech marking the eighth anniversary of Arafat`s passing, Palestinian news agency WAFA reported.
The exhumation is set to take place later this month.
Arafat, Palestine`s leader for two decades and a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, died in Paris in 2004, his death attributed, alternatively, to either illness or poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days