Russia to hold talks with Syria opposition in July
Moscow: Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov announced on Monday that his country would hold talks with two Syrian opposition groups later in July.
The Russian minister also added that Moscow will welcome officials from Syrian President Bashar Assad`s government and UN envoy Kofi Annan for talks this month.
The RIA Novosti agency quoted Bogdanov as saying that the first group headed by opposition leader Michel Kilowill will arrive later this week.
Another group with Abdulbaset Sieda, the new head of the Syrian National Council, as its head will visit Moscow after July 10.
An anonymous Russian diplomat also told RIA that Annan is expected in Moscow by mid-July.
The diplomat spoke off the record because he was not authorised to discuss the issue with the press.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video