Russia to hold talks with Syria opposition in July
Moscow: Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov announced on Monday that his country would hold talks with two Syrian opposition groups later in July.
The Russian minister also added that Moscow will welcome officials from Syrian President Bashar Assad`s government and UN envoy Kofi Annan for talks this month.
The RIA Novosti agency quoted Bogdanov as saying that the first group headed by opposition leader Michel Kilowill will arrive later this week.
Another group with Abdulbaset Sieda, the new head of the Syrian National Council, as its head will visit Moscow after July 10.
An anonymous Russian diplomat also told RIA that Annan is expected in Moscow by mid-July.
The diplomat spoke off the record because he was not authorised to discuss the issue with the press.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test