Russia to launch new ballistic missile submarine
Moscow: Russia`s newest ballistic missile submarine, Project 955 Borey class boat Yury Dolgoruky, will be handed over to the fleet in September.
"The formal signing of the handover of the Yury Dolgoruky to the defence ministry will take place in September," a source at the United Shipbuilding Corporation said Friday.
The boat has completed a range of sea trials including a firing of a Bulava ballistic missile in December 2011.
Its sister ship, the Alexander Nevsky, will carry out a further Bulava test launch in November "as part of its state trials".
The Borey class will become the mainstay of the Russian Navy`s strategic nuclear deterrent force, replacing older Project 667 (NATO Delta 4) boats. The class will consist of eight boats, all armed with Bulava missiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"