Russia to prioritise military industry: Medvedev
Moscow: Russia will pay special attention to the development of aircraft construction and shipbuilding as well as radio-electronic, space and nuclear industries in the next few years, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said on Thursday.
"The military-industrial complex will receive a serious impetus. It should become a source of technological innovation, both in the military and civilian sectors," Medvedev said at a government meeting.
"We should boost our research and development to build advanced specimens of armaments and military hardware and conduct technical retooling of enterprises so they can roll out competitive serial products," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!