Russia to prioritise military industry: Medvedev
Moscow: Russia will pay special attention to the development of aircraft construction and shipbuilding as well as radio-electronic, space and nuclear industries in the next few years, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said on Thursday.
"The military-industrial complex will receive a serious impetus. It should become a source of technological innovation, both in the military and civilian sectors," Medvedev said at a government meeting.
"We should boost our research and development to build advanced specimens of armaments and military hardware and conduct technical retooling of enterprises so they can roll out competitive serial products," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened