Russia to sell 52 choppers to China
Moscow: Russia on Thursday signed a contract with China for the delivery of a total of 52 Mi-171E (Hip) transport helicopters.
The Mi-171 E, an export version of the Mi-8/17, is a medium twin-turbine transport helicopter which can also act as a gunship.
The contract was signed between Russia`s Rosoboronexport and China`s Poly Technologies, Inc.
The first eight helicopters will be delivered before the end of the current year and contract deliveries are to be completed in 2014, the Russian Helicopters holding said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Earthquake in Delhi is trending – Here's why
- Lodha Panel to have meeting on August 28
- Earthquake: What happened when tremors were felt in Patna - SEE PICS
- GST rate on processed foods should be low or zero: CII
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report