Russia to spend $30 bn on defence: Report
Moscow: Russia will allocate over 880 billion rubles (about $30 billion) for defence spending in 2012, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Monday.
In 2011, the government spent 750 billion rubles on defence, Putin said. He stressed the importance of timely execution of the contracts, Xinhua reported.
"Breaking up the agreed timing of (arms) supply is unacceptable."
"In the next five to 10 years we have to fully re-equip our army and navy. By 2020, the share of the modern weaponry must go up to 70 percent," Putin said at a government meeting.
Russia plans to allocate 20 trillion rubles (about 666 billion) for the re-armament by 2020.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan