Russia to spend $30 bn on defence: Report
Moscow: Russia will allocate over 880 billion rubles (about $30 billion) for defence spending in 2012, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Monday.
In 2011, the government spent 750 billion rubles on defence, Putin said. He stressed the importance of timely execution of the contracts, Xinhua reported.
"Breaking up the agreed timing of (arms) supply is unacceptable."
"In the next five to 10 years we have to fully re-equip our army and navy. By 2020, the share of the modern weaponry must go up to 70 percent," Putin said at a government meeting.
Russia plans to allocate 20 trillion rubles (about 666 billion) for the re-armament by 2020.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report