Russia to transfer Smerch know-how to India
Moscow: Russia is to transfer full know-how to produce long range Smerch 300mm rockets to India.
The two countries have agreed to set up a joint venture in India for manufacturing and post-sales servicing of these rockets in India, RIA Novosti reported quoting state run Rosoboronexport.
The agency said that an agreement to this effect was signed on August 27.
"Complete rocket production technology will be transferred to the joint venture," it said.
The Smerch MLRS rockets have a range of 70 to 90 km with a variety of warheads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?