Russia to transfer Smerch know-how to India
Moscow: Russia is to transfer full know-how to produce long range Smerch 300mm rockets to India.
The two countries have agreed to set up a joint venture in India for manufacturing and post-sales servicing of these rockets in India, RIA Novosti reported quoting state run Rosoboronexport.
The agency said that an agreement to this effect was signed on August 27.
"Complete rocket production technology will be transferred to the joint venture," it said.
The Smerch MLRS rockets have a range of 70 to 90 km with a variety of warheads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested