Russia to transfer Smerch know-how to India
Moscow: Russia is to transfer full know-how to produce long range Smerch 300mm rockets to India.
The two countries have agreed to set up a joint venture in India for manufacturing and post-sales servicing of these rockets in India, RIA Novosti reported quoting state run Rosoboronexport.
The agency said that an agreement to this effect was signed on August 27.
"Complete rocket production technology will be transferred to the joint venture," it said.
The Smerch MLRS rockets have a range of 70 to 90 km with a variety of warheads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP