Russia to transfer Smerch know-how to India
Moscow: Russia is to transfer full know-how to produce long range Smerch 300mm rockets to India.
The two countries have agreed to set up a joint venture in India for manufacturing and post-sales servicing of these rockets in India, RIA Novosti reported quoting state run Rosoboronexport.
The agency said that an agreement to this effect was signed on August 27.
"Complete rocket production technology will be transferred to the joint venture," it said.
The Smerch MLRS rockets have a range of 70 to 90 km with a variety of warheads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report