Russia to transfer Smerch know-how to India
Moscow: Russia is to transfer full know-how to produce long range Smerch 300mm rockets to India.
The two countries have agreed to set up a joint venture in India for manufacturing and post-sales servicing of these rockets in India, RIA Novosti reported quoting state run Rosoboronexport.
The agency said that an agreement to this effect was signed on August 27.
"Complete rocket production technology will be transferred to the joint venture," it said.
The Smerch MLRS rockets have a range of 70 to 90 km with a variety of warheads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’