Russia: Top jobs swapped, Medvedev confirmed PM
Moscow: Russia`s new President Vladimir Putin Tuesday signed a decree appointing Dmitry Medvedev as Prime Minister, within an hour after Russia`s State Duma, or lower house of parliament, approving the nomination.
Medvedev will have a week to submit to the president the composition of the new government, as well as candidates for the posts of deputy prime ministers and federal ministers, reported Xinhua.
Lawmakers voted 299-144 for Medvedev`s appointment. He was backed by two of the four Duma factions, the United Russia and the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia. The Communists and A Just Russia lawmakers voted against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'