Russia: Top jobs swapped, Medvedev confirmed PM
Moscow: Russia`s new President Vladimir Putin Tuesday signed a decree appointing Dmitry Medvedev as Prime Minister, within an hour after Russia`s State Duma, or lower house of parliament, approving the nomination.
Medvedev will have a week to submit to the president the composition of the new government, as well as candidates for the posts of deputy prime ministers and federal ministers, reported Xinhua.
Lawmakers voted 299-144 for Medvedev`s appointment. He was backed by two of the four Duma factions, the United Russia and the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia. The Communists and A Just Russia lawmakers voted against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre