Russia: Top jobs swapped, Medvedev confirmed PM
Moscow: Russia`s new President Vladimir Putin Tuesday signed a decree appointing Dmitry Medvedev as Prime Minister, within an hour after Russia`s State Duma, or lower house of parliament, approving the nomination.
Medvedev will have a week to submit to the president the composition of the new government, as well as candidates for the posts of deputy prime ministers and federal ministers, reported Xinhua.
Lawmakers voted 299-144 for Medvedev`s appointment. He was backed by two of the four Duma factions, the United Russia and the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia. The Communists and A Just Russia lawmakers voted against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you