Russia urges Syria to cooperate on UN chemical weapons probe
Moscow: Russia on Friday said it had told the Syrian government to cooperate with UN experts after reports of a deadly chemical weapons attack outside Damascus, adding it was now up to rebels to allow access to the area.
Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told US counterpart John Kerry in a phone call that immediately after the reports first emerged the "Russian side called on the Syrian government to cooperate with the UN chemical experts," the foreign ministry said in a statement.
"It is now up to the opposition to ensure safe access for the mission to the site of the alleged incident," it added, saying both Lavrov and Kerry agreed on the need for an "objective investigation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown