Russia, US hold war games
Moscow: The first joint anti-terror exercise involving Russian and US forces in Colorado has ended with the "neutralisation" of a terrorist group, a Russian Defence Ministry spokesman said.
The entire operation took not more than seven minutes, said Colonel Alexander Kucherenko.
"The main trophy included important documents and a large sum of money designed to pay for terrorist activities, which were removed from the chief of the terrorist gang," he said.
The first ever joint Russia-US anti-terror military exercises on American soil were held at Fort Carson in Colorado from Tuesday through Thursday.
A special unit of Russian paratroopers worked alongside American land forces as part of the exercise.
The Russian and US special units engaged in joint gun practice as well as mountain training, parachute exercises and demolition techniques training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!