Russia, US hold war games
Moscow: The first joint anti-terror exercise involving Russian and US forces in Colorado has ended with the "neutralisation" of a terrorist group, a Russian Defence Ministry spokesman said.
The entire operation took not more than seven minutes, said Colonel Alexander Kucherenko.
"The main trophy included important documents and a large sum of money designed to pay for terrorist activities, which were removed from the chief of the terrorist gang," he said.
The first ever joint Russia-US anti-terror military exercises on American soil were held at Fort Carson in Colorado from Tuesday through Thursday.
A special unit of Russian paratroopers worked alongside American land forces as part of the exercise.
The Russian and US special units engaged in joint gun practice as well as mountain training, parachute exercises and demolition techniques training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...