Russia, US hold war games
Moscow: The first joint anti-terror exercise involving Russian and US forces in Colorado has ended with the "neutralisation" of a terrorist group, a Russian Defence Ministry spokesman said.
The entire operation took not more than seven minutes, said Colonel Alexander Kucherenko.
"The main trophy included important documents and a large sum of money designed to pay for terrorist activities, which were removed from the chief of the terrorist gang," he said.
The first ever joint Russia-US anti-terror military exercises on American soil were held at Fort Carson in Colorado from Tuesday through Thursday.
A special unit of Russian paratroopers worked alongside American land forces as part of the exercise.
The Russian and US special units engaged in joint gun practice as well as mountain training, parachute exercises and demolition techniques training.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference