Russia, US hold war games
Moscow: The first joint anti-terror exercise involving Russian and US forces in Colorado has ended with the "neutralisation" of a terrorist group, a Russian Defence Ministry spokesman said.
The entire operation took not more than seven minutes, said Colonel Alexander Kucherenko.
"The main trophy included important documents and a large sum of money designed to pay for terrorist activities, which were removed from the chief of the terrorist gang," he said.
The first ever joint Russia-US anti-terror military exercises on American soil were held at Fort Carson in Colorado from Tuesday through Thursday.
A special unit of Russian paratroopers worked alongside American land forces as part of the exercise.
The Russian and US special units engaged in joint gun practice as well as mountain training, parachute exercises and demolition techniques training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj