Russia, US to hold joint anti-terror drill
Moscow: A military team from Russia will go to the US in May for a joint anti-terror exercise, a Russian Defence Ministry official said.
A detachment from Russia`s Airborne Assault Forces (AAF) will take part in the exercise between May 24-31 at Fort Carson, Colorado, said Defence Ministry spokesman Colonel Alexander Kucherenko.
"This is the first time such an exercise is being held," he said.
"The AAF will contribute a special task group that will exercise with US special service weapons," he said.
The Russian group will arrive a week before the start of the drills, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants