Russia, US to hold joint anti-terror drill
Moscow: A military team from Russia will go to the US in May for a joint anti-terror exercise, a Russian Defence Ministry official said.
A detachment from Russia`s Airborne Assault Forces (AAF) will take part in the exercise between May 24-31 at Fort Carson, Colorado, said Defence Ministry spokesman Colonel Alexander Kucherenko.
"This is the first time such an exercise is being held," he said.
"The AAF will contribute a special task group that will exercise with US special service weapons," he said.
The Russian group will arrive a week before the start of the drills, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference