Russia, US to hold joint anti-terror drill
Moscow: A military team from Russia will go to the US in May for a joint anti-terror exercise, a Russian Defence Ministry official said.
A detachment from Russia`s Airborne Assault Forces (AAF) will take part in the exercise between May 24-31 at Fort Carson, Colorado, said Defence Ministry spokesman Colonel Alexander Kucherenko.
"This is the first time such an exercise is being held," he said.
"The AAF will contribute a special task group that will exercise with US special service weapons," he said.
The Russian group will arrive a week before the start of the drills, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons