Russia, US to hold joint anti-terror drill
Moscow: A military team from Russia will go to the US in May for a joint anti-terror exercise, a Russian Defence Ministry official said.
A detachment from Russia`s Airborne Assault Forces (AAF) will take part in the exercise between May 24-31 at Fort Carson, Colorado, said Defence Ministry spokesman Colonel Alexander Kucherenko.
"This is the first time such an exercise is being held," he said.
"The AAF will contribute a special task group that will exercise with US special service weapons," he said.
The Russian group will arrive a week before the start of the drills, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened