Russia, US to hold joint anti-terror drill
Moscow: A military team from Russia will go to the US in May for a joint anti-terror exercise, a Russian Defence Ministry official said.
A detachment from Russia`s Airborne Assault Forces (AAF) will take part in the exercise between May 24-31 at Fort Carson, Colorado, said Defence Ministry spokesman Colonel Alexander Kucherenko.
"This is the first time such an exercise is being held," he said.
"The AAF will contribute a special task group that will exercise with US special service weapons," he said.
The Russian group will arrive a week before the start of the drills, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption