Russia wants shield against nuclear terrorism
Moscow: Russia on Friday called for a global mechanism to prevent nuclear terrorism.
The suggestion was made during a nuclear conference in Moscow.
The representatives of 58 countries and observers from the Interpol, International Atomic Energy Agency and the UN Office on Drugs and Crime participated, Xinhua reported.
"The participants agreed on the necessity to develop the systems of early response to nuclear terrorism threats," said the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB).
The two-day conference, which concluded Friday, also stressed the urgent need of a creating a mechanism to seize illegal nuclear materials and radioactive substances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested