Russia wants shield against nuclear terrorism
Moscow: Russia on Friday called for a global mechanism to prevent nuclear terrorism.
The suggestion was made during a nuclear conference in Moscow.
The representatives of 58 countries and observers from the Interpol, International Atomic Energy Agency and the UN Office on Drugs and Crime participated, Xinhua reported.
"The participants agreed on the necessity to develop the systems of early response to nuclear terrorism threats," said the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB).
The two-day conference, which concluded Friday, also stressed the urgent need of a creating a mechanism to seize illegal nuclear materials and radioactive substances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Aashif Sheikh turns ragpicker on 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'
- WATCH: BRILLIANT! This airline's touching gesture on Dipa Karmakar's arrival in Agartala
- Happy to be working during pregnancy: Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Pfizer says acquiring biotech firm Medivation for $14 billion
- Asian Filmmaker award posthumously for Abbas Kiarostami at Busan