Russia wants shield against nuclear terrorism
Moscow: Russia on Friday called for a global mechanism to prevent nuclear terrorism.
The suggestion was made during a nuclear conference in Moscow.
The representatives of 58 countries and observers from the Interpol, International Atomic Energy Agency and the UN Office on Drugs and Crime participated, Xinhua reported.
"The participants agreed on the necessity to develop the systems of early response to nuclear terrorism threats," said the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB).
The two-day conference, which concluded Friday, also stressed the urgent need of a creating a mechanism to seize illegal nuclear materials and radioactive substances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list