Russia warns over use of force against Iran
Moscow: Russia has warned over the use of force against Tehran which could spell the end of the negotiating process on Iranian nuclear programme.
"Time and again we hear threats that if there is no progress on Iran`s nuclear programme only one option will remain - the use of force. We hope that will never happen," Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday.
"This is a straight path to undermining the efforts to resolve all outstanding issues."
The most important thing today is to focus on the work of the "five plus one" group, the minister said, adding there was hope for "a way out of the impasse".
Iranian envoy to Moscow Seyed Mahmoud-Reza Sajjadi last Monday reaffirmed Tehran`s readiness to hold constructive talks with the six major world powers (P5+1).
He added, however, that a precondition was that the West should abandon its hostile position toward the Islamic Republic.
The US, Israel and some of their allies accuse Iran of pursuing non-civilian objectives in its nuclear energy programme.
Iran rejects the allegations, arguing that it is entitled to develop and acquire nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand