Russia warns over use of force against Iran
Moscow: Russia has warned over the use of force against Tehran which could spell the end of the negotiating process on Iranian nuclear programme.
"Time and again we hear threats that if there is no progress on Iran`s nuclear programme only one option will remain - the use of force. We hope that will never happen," Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday.
"This is a straight path to undermining the efforts to resolve all outstanding issues."
The most important thing today is to focus on the work of the "five plus one" group, the minister said, adding there was hope for "a way out of the impasse".
Iranian envoy to Moscow Seyed Mahmoud-Reza Sajjadi last Monday reaffirmed Tehran`s readiness to hold constructive talks with the six major world powers (P5+1).
He added, however, that a precondition was that the West should abandon its hostile position toward the Islamic Republic.
The US, Israel and some of their allies accuse Iran of pursuing non-civilian objectives in its nuclear energy programme.
Iran rejects the allegations, arguing that it is entitled to develop and acquire nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends