Russia warns Romania over diplomat`s expulsion
Moscow: Russia`s foreign ministry on Wednesday
lashed out at the expulsion of a Russian diplomat by Romania
in the wake of a spy scandal, warning that it reserved the
right to retaliate.
"In Moscow this action is seen as a unfriendly and
unprovoked step," the foreign ministry said in a statement.
"We express a determined protest to the Romanian side,
which has taken on itself full responsibility for the possible
consequences. We reserve the right to take measures in
Romania yesterday ordered the tit-for-tat expulsion of a
Russian diplomat, a day after a Romanian embassy official was
told by Moscow to leave Russia for spying.
The Russian security service said Gabriel Grecu,
accredited as the first secretary at the Romanian embassy in
Moscow, he had been caught trying to receive secret military
information and had "spying equipment" on him.
The foreign ministry said that by contrast the Russian
diplomat expelled from Bucharest -- who remains unidentified
-- "was not linked to any kind of activities giving a basis
for such a decision".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why