Russian Air Defence Force starts massive drills
Moscow: Russian Air Defence Force has begun massive drills in eastern part of the country, in which over 500 weapon systems, 50 aircraft and some 2,000 troops have been deployed, military officials said Wednesday.
The exercise in the Buryatia, a federal subject of Russia, saw Wednesday the use of S-300 surface-to-air missile systems, Osa, Buk, Strela and Shilka antiaircraft missiles, Igla man-portable SAM missiles, and Pantsir-S gun-missile systems, Eastern Military District press officer Lt. Col. Alexander Gordeyev said.
The exercise, which will last through mid-April, is designed to test the readiness of the district`s air-defense forces and combat aviation to perform joint missions and rehearse a range of combat training tasks in modern warfare, Gordeyev said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...