Russian Air Force chief bans highway stunts
Moscow: Russian Air Force commander Lt Gen Viktor Bondarev Wednesday banned all training exercises over motorways at super low altitudes.
His reaction comes after a video footage was posted on the Internet earlier this month, showing a Su-24 warplane flying just a few metres above the M21 highway in southern Russia and then an Mi-8 helicopter gunship doing the same in the Russian Urals region.
"Naturally we have taken measures to preclude such instances in the future," he said.
"This does not apply to the altitude because we need pilots able to fly under all conditions. We have simply altered flying routes, as well as procedures for overflying highways."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?