Russian Air Force chief bans highway stunts
Moscow: Russian Air Force commander Lt Gen Viktor Bondarev Wednesday banned all training exercises over motorways at super low altitudes.
His reaction comes after a video footage was posted on the Internet earlier this month, showing a Su-24 warplane flying just a few metres above the M21 highway in southern Russia and then an Mi-8 helicopter gunship doing the same in the Russian Urals region.
"Naturally we have taken measures to preclude such instances in the future," he said.
"This does not apply to the altitude because we need pilots able to fly under all conditions. We have simply altered flying routes, as well as procedures for overflying highways."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance