Russian Air Force chief bans highway stunts
Moscow: Russian Air Force commander Lt Gen Viktor Bondarev Wednesday banned all training exercises over motorways at super low altitudes.
His reaction comes after a video footage was posted on the Internet earlier this month, showing a Su-24 warplane flying just a few metres above the M21 highway in southern Russia and then an Mi-8 helicopter gunship doing the same in the Russian Urals region.
"Naturally we have taken measures to preclude such instances in the future," he said.
"This does not apply to the altitude because we need pilots able to fly under all conditions. We have simply altered flying routes, as well as procedures for overflying highways."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'