Russian Air Force to get 180 new aircraft
Moscow: The Russian Air Force will receive 180 brand new planes and helicopters by the end of the year, a military official said.
Air Force Commander in Chief Major General Viktor Bondarev said the aircraft to be supplied will carry advanced navigation and other equipment and weapons "of significantly higher quality".
The air force has already received several new Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback warplanes and will get another 12.
It will also get Kamov Ka-52 Alligator and Mil Mi-28 Havoc helicopters, and trainer jets including 15 Yakovlev Yak-130 Mitten aircraft, Bondarev said.
Last year, around 120 new aircraft were supplied to the air force, he said.
On Sunday, Russia will mark the 100th anniversary of the national air force.
- AgustaWestland row: Fossils of Congress' scams will be excavated years later, says Giriraj Singh
- Sitapur district authorities start demolition of Rampal Yadav-owned hotel-cum-multiplex
- MUST WATCH: Disgruntled employee tears down an aeroplane!
- Centre releases 25 more files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview