Russian air hostess sacked for obscene gesture
London: A Russian air hostess has been sacked for posting a picture of herself giving passengers the finger - after it ended up on Twitter.
Flight attendant Tatiana Kozlenko put a cheeky snap of herself giving the unknowing passengers the finger on her personal page on Vkontakte, one of Russia`s most popular Facebook-style social networks.
Within hours the snap had clocked up dozens of `Likes`.
But Tatiana came down to earth with a bump when the photo was posted on Twitter and retweeted by hundreds of fans, British tabloid The Sun reported on Tuesday.
Russian Airlines Aeroflot - who announced the sacking on their Twitter account - said: "Posting this photo shows Tatiana`s attitude towards passengers and her duties. She acknowledged her fault when she spoke to her managers."
But furious Tatiana claims it isn`t her arm in the snap - or even one of her airline`s planes.
She said on her Vkontakte page: "I don`t consider myself guilty! The photo was added to my page, I only tagged myself on it!!!
"The hand isn`t mine, the plane is not my company`s!!! I don`t understand what they spoil my life for!!! I`m asking you for help and support!!!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY