Russian and US security agencies `in talks` over Snowden`s future
London: While the US Attorney General seeks to assure Moscow that NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden would not face death penalty in America, the American FBI and Russian FSB security services are also in talks over the fugitive`s future, according to the Russian president`s spokesman.
According to BBC, it was not specified what the nature of the talks between the agencies was but it was said that President Vladimir Putin had expressed a strong determination not to allow the case to interfere with US-Russian relations.
The report said that Dmitry Peskov had repeated Russia`s position that it would not hand anyone over, with Snowden being stuck in transit at a Moscow airport for the past month, as he has no valid travel documents.
Washington wants Snowden extradited for leaking details of surveillance programmes, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report