Russian billionaire to donate half of his wealth
Moscow: Russian tycoon Vladimir Potanin, worth $14.5 billion according to the latest Forbes list, has joined the list of the world`s richest pledging to donate at least half of their wealth to charity, the Giving Pledge initiative said.
"Several years ago I announced my decision to donate a major part of my wealth to philanthropy. I genuinely believe that wealth should work for public good and, therefore, I am trying to make my own contribution toward a better world, especially toward a better future for my own country, Russia," Potanin said in a statement.
The 52-year-old, who is 46th on the latest Forbes list, is the head of Interros holding group and a co-owner of the world`s top nickel producer, Norilsk Nickel.
The Giving Pledge, initiated by Warren Buffett and Bill and Melinda Gates in 2010, aims to inspire conversations about philanthropy and increase charitable giving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!