Russian billionaire to donate half of his wealth
Moscow: Russian tycoon Vladimir Potanin, worth $14.5 billion according to the latest Forbes list, has joined the list of the world`s richest pledging to donate at least half of their wealth to charity, the Giving Pledge initiative said.
"Several years ago I announced my decision to donate a major part of my wealth to philanthropy. I genuinely believe that wealth should work for public good and, therefore, I am trying to make my own contribution toward a better world, especially toward a better future for my own country, Russia," Potanin said in a statement.
The 52-year-old, who is 46th on the latest Forbes list, is the head of Interros holding group and a co-owner of the world`s top nickel producer, Norilsk Nickel.
The Giving Pledge, initiated by Warren Buffett and Bill and Melinda Gates in 2010, aims to inspire conversations about philanthropy and increase charitable giving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location