Russian boy stabbed 21 times at Greek resort
Athens: An 11-year-old Russian boy is in critical condition in a hospital in the Greek capital after he was stabbed 21 times while vacationing with his family on the island of Crete.
Nikita Onishchenko from Moscow, who was on vacation with his mother and his younger brother, went missing on Tuesday. He was found hours later in a parking lot near the hotel with multiple knife wounds in his back, chest and hands.
He was airlifted from Crete to Athens, where he underwent surgery. The boy remains in a critical condition but his life is not in danger, doctors said.
Doctors said they were particularly concerned with a spinal injury the boy sustained in the attack.
Police have detained a 20-year-old Dutch man working as an entertainer at a hotel in the seaside town of Anissaras, where the Onishchenkos were staying.
Police said the suspect took the boy to a parking lot and stabbed him after Onishchenko realised the Dutchman had stolen his laptop and a mobile telephone.
The suspect was arrested on a charge of attempted murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack