Russian boy stabbed 21 times at Greek resort
Athens: An 11-year-old Russian boy is in critical condition in a hospital in the Greek capital after he was stabbed 21 times while vacationing with his family on the island of Crete.
Nikita Onishchenko from Moscow, who was on vacation with his mother and his younger brother, went missing on Tuesday. He was found hours later in a parking lot near the hotel with multiple knife wounds in his back, chest and hands.
He was airlifted from Crete to Athens, where he underwent surgery. The boy remains in a critical condition but his life is not in danger, doctors said.
Doctors said they were particularly concerned with a spinal injury the boy sustained in the attack.
Police have detained a 20-year-old Dutch man working as an entertainer at a hotel in the seaside town of Anissaras, where the Onishchenkos were staying.
Police said the suspect took the boy to a parking lot and stabbed him after Onishchenko realised the Dutchman had stolen his laptop and a mobile telephone.
The suspect was arrested on a charge of attempted murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands