Russian boy stabbed 21 times at Greek resort
Athens: An 11-year-old Russian boy is in critical condition in a hospital in the Greek capital after he was stabbed 21 times while vacationing with his family on the island of Crete.
Nikita Onishchenko from Moscow, who was on vacation with his mother and his younger brother, went missing on Tuesday. He was found hours later in a parking lot near the hotel with multiple knife wounds in his back, chest and hands.
He was airlifted from Crete to Athens, where he underwent surgery. The boy remains in a critical condition but his life is not in danger, doctors said.
Doctors said they were particularly concerned with a spinal injury the boy sustained in the attack.
Police have detained a 20-year-old Dutch man working as an entertainer at a hotel in the seaside town of Anissaras, where the Onishchenkos were staying.
Police said the suspect took the boy to a parking lot and stabbed him after Onishchenko realised the Dutchman had stolen his laptop and a mobile telephone.
The suspect was arrested on a charge of attempted murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security