Russian boy stabbed 21 times at Greek resort
Athens: An 11-year-old Russian boy is in critical condition in a hospital in the Greek capital after he was stabbed 21 times while vacationing with his family on the island of Crete.
Nikita Onishchenko from Moscow, who was on vacation with his mother and his younger brother, went missing on Tuesday. He was found hours later in a parking lot near the hotel with multiple knife wounds in his back, chest and hands.
He was airlifted from Crete to Athens, where he underwent surgery. The boy remains in a critical condition but his life is not in danger, doctors said.
Doctors said they were particularly concerned with a spinal injury the boy sustained in the attack.
Police have detained a 20-year-old Dutch man working as an entertainer at a hotel in the seaside town of Anissaras, where the Onishchenkos were staying.
Police said the suspect took the boy to a parking lot and stabbed him after Onishchenko realised the Dutchman had stolen his laptop and a mobile telephone.
The suspect was arrested on a charge of attempted murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’