Russian crash probe reveals faulty crew maneuvers
Kazan: Russia`s aviation safety watchdog says the pilots of a Boeing 737 jet somehow lost their plane`s speed at a low altitude, resulting in a diving crash that killed all 50 people on board.
The Interstate Aviation Committee on Tuesday said the plane`s engines and other systems were working fine until the moment the plane hit the ground. It said the crew had failed to make a proper landing approach on their first attempt and then began a second run.
They put the plane`s engines on maximum power, raising the plane`s nose up at a sharp angle, causing a quick loss of speed. The crew then tried to gain speed by taking the plane into a dive but hit the ground at a near-vertical angle in a spectacular crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir