Russian crash probe reveals faulty crew maneuvers
Kazan: Russia`s aviation safety watchdog says the pilots of a Boeing 737 jet somehow lost their plane`s speed at a low altitude, resulting in a diving crash that killed all 50 people on board.
The Interstate Aviation Committee on Tuesday said the plane`s engines and other systems were working fine until the moment the plane hit the ground. It said the crew had failed to make a proper landing approach on their first attempt and then began a second run.
They put the plane`s engines on maximum power, raising the plane`s nose up at a sharp angle, causing a quick loss of speed. The crew then tried to gain speed by taking the plane into a dive but hit the ground at a near-vertical angle in a spectacular crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic