Russian demands drug injection in hostage standoff
Moscow: Police arrested a man in Siberia after he stormed a hospital, took hostages and demanded a lethal injection of drugs, the interior ministry said Saturday.
The incident took place in Bratsk city of Irkutsk region when the 51-year-old man barged into a hospital with a hunting rifle and took five patients and one doctor hostage.
The man demanded a lethal injection of unspecified narcotics, possibly because of his long battle with drug addiction, police said.
He was detained shortly after, and the hostages were released. No injuries were reported.
The man, who has reportedly been accused of crimes in the past, now faces charges of hostage-taking, illegal production of a weapon and robbery, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raped woman' remark: IOA contemplating to drop Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Rio Games?
- Woman files FIR against Delhi MLA Dinesh Mohaniya for misbehaviour; AAP leader rejects charge
- Jacqueline Fernandez is a mini mouse in disguise; see who gave her company!
- Army jawans rescue girl climber trapped in a Uttarkashi glacier - Watch daring video
- What Brexit could mean for India and its markets