Russian demands drug injection in hostage standoff
Moscow: Police arrested a man in Siberia after he stormed a hospital, took hostages and demanded a lethal injection of drugs, the interior ministry said Saturday.
The incident took place in Bratsk city of Irkutsk region when the 51-year-old man barged into a hospital with a hunting rifle and took five patients and one doctor hostage.
The man demanded a lethal injection of unspecified narcotics, possibly because of his long battle with drug addiction, police said.
He was detained shortly after, and the hostages were released. No injuries were reported.
The man, who has reportedly been accused of crimes in the past, now faces charges of hostage-taking, illegal production of a weapon and robbery, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read