Russian deported in spy probe worked at Microsoft
Redmond: A Russian man taken into custody in the recent spy ring investigation and deported from the United States once worked at Microsoft Corp.
A spokesman for the technology company in Redmond, Washington, confirmed yesterday that the 12th suspect, Alexey Karetnikov, worked for the company for nine months.
The spokesman, Lou Gellos, says Karetnikov was a low-level software tester.
Federal law enforcement officials have said Karetnikov entered the US last October. They say he had no ties to the Russian agents who were arrested on criminal charges last month, other than that his name came up as part of the same criminal investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened