Russian downgrades ties with Qatar
Moscow: Russia is demanding an apology from the
government of Qatar for an attack on three Russian diplomats
and says it will downgrade its diplomatic relations.
Russia`s Foreign Ministry today said that its ambassador
to Qatar, Vladimir Titorenko, and two other diplomats were
attacked by security officers at the airport in Doha, the
It said the officers tried to forcibly seize a parcel from
a diplomatic pouch the ambassador was carrying, and the
ambassador was hospitalised after the attack.
The ministry said the incident will have the "most
negative consequences" on ties between Moscow and Doha, but
did not specify the measures it will take.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal
- Philippines and communist rebels start peace talks after truce
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game