Russian downgrades ties with Qatar
Moscow: Russia is demanding an apology from the
government of Qatar for an attack on three Russian diplomats
and says it will downgrade its diplomatic relations.
Russia`s Foreign Ministry today said that its ambassador
to Qatar, Vladimir Titorenko, and two other diplomats were
attacked by security officers at the airport in Doha, the
It said the officers tried to forcibly seize a parcel from
a diplomatic pouch the ambassador was carrying, and the
ambassador was hospitalised after the attack.
The ministry said the incident will have the "most
negative consequences" on ties between Moscow and Doha, but
did not specify the measures it will take.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?