Russian downgrades ties with Qatar
Moscow: Russia is demanding an apology from the
government of Qatar for an attack on three Russian diplomats
and says it will downgrade its diplomatic relations.
Russia`s Foreign Ministry today said that its ambassador
to Qatar, Vladimir Titorenko, and two other diplomats were
attacked by security officers at the airport in Doha, the
It said the officers tried to forcibly seize a parcel from
a diplomatic pouch the ambassador was carrying, and the
ambassador was hospitalised after the attack.
The ministry said the incident will have the "most
negative consequences" on ties between Moscow and Doha, but
did not specify the measures it will take.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in