Russian downgrades ties with Qatar
Moscow: Russia is demanding an apology from the
government of Qatar for an attack on three Russian diplomats
and says it will downgrade its diplomatic relations.
Russia`s Foreign Ministry today said that its ambassador
to Qatar, Vladimir Titorenko, and two other diplomats were
attacked by security officers at the airport in Doha, the
It said the officers tried to forcibly seize a parcel from
a diplomatic pouch the ambassador was carrying, and the
ambassador was hospitalised after the attack.
The ministry said the incident will have the "most
negative consequences" on ties between Moscow and Doha, but
did not specify the measures it will take.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen