Russian downgrades ties with Qatar
Moscow: Russia is demanding an apology from the
government of Qatar for an attack on three Russian diplomats
and says it will downgrade its diplomatic relations.
Russia`s Foreign Ministry today said that its ambassador
to Qatar, Vladimir Titorenko, and two other diplomats were
attacked by security officers at the airport in Doha, the
It said the officers tried to forcibly seize a parcel from
a diplomatic pouch the ambassador was carrying, and the
ambassador was hospitalised after the attack.
The ministry said the incident will have the "most
negative consequences" on ties between Moscow and Doha, but
did not specify the measures it will take.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP