Russian fighter jet crashes, crew ejects safely
Moscow: Russia`s military says one of its fighter jets has crashed, but its crew of two bailed out safely.
The Defence Ministry said a Su-27 fighter jet went down Thursday during a regular training mission. It fell into a forest near the Besovets air base in Karelia near Lake Onega, about 700 kilometres northwest of Moscow.
The ministry said that both crewmen were picked up by a helicopter and remained in satisfactory condition. The air force has grounded its Su-27 fleet pending a crash probe.
The twin-engined Su-27 has been a mainstay of the Soviet and then Russian air force since it entered service in the 1980s. The Su-27 and its versions also have been widely exported.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success